CCCT Seeks Play Submissions for the 6th Annual Front Range Playwrights’ Showcase
Coal Creek Community Theater of Louisville, CO seeks submissions for their 6th Annual Front Range Playwrights’ Showcase. Colorado playwrights are encouraged to submit their short plays by May 11, 2012.
- Scripts of 15 – 40 minutes in performance. No musicals or multiple act plays will be considered.
- Only one (1) submission per playwright.
- Playwrights must be from the state of Colorado. (Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis for those living in towns that immediately border state lines)
- Scripts must include a cast list with brief character descriptions and short summary of the play.
- Preferred method of submission is electronic in either Word or PDF format.
- If you wish to submit by USPS, 6 copies of each script must be submitted in standard manuscript format and bound, not stapled, with card stock cover. Copies will not be returned.
- In either case, please include a cover letter with title of play, resume and ALL contact information for playwright: address, phone and email address.
- A short playwright bio or resume should be included.
- Please send scripts: via email to email@example.com mail to CCCT Showcase, Attn: Play Reading Committee at P.O. Box 791, Louisville, CO 80027.
- Deadline for submissions is May 11, 2012. Finalists will be notified by July 9, 2012.
- Submissions may have been performed as staged readings or educational projects.
- Scripts that have been professionally published or performed will not be considered.
- Playwrights whose work has been selected for the Showcase two years in a row must skip a year before submitting again.
All scripts submitted will be read, reviewed and scored by the members of the Play Reading Committee. Three or four finalists (depending on the performance time of the selected pieces) will be chosen for a reader’s theater presentation at the Coal Creek Community Theater Front Range Playwrights’ Showcase on August 26, 2011. The winner of that competition may be taken to the Colorado Community Theater Coalition Festival in 2012 in full production with playwright’s permission.
The winner of the 1st Annual Front Range Playwrights’ Showcase, The Organist’s Daughter by William C. Kovacsik, won FIRST PLACE at the CCTC Festival and competed at the American Association of Community Theater’s Regional Competition in 2009, and the winner of the 3rd Annual Front Range Playwrights’ Showcase, Senior Moments by Don Fried, earned its leading actor “Best Actor” honors at both the state and regional competitions in 2010 and 2011. Don also received a special award at the AACT Regional Festival for his original work. Other winners have since had their works published or performed throughout the region.
For more information on Coal Creek Community Theater, please visit www.ccctheater.org.